A Sad Day for the Music Box

Unfortunately, after tireless attempts at getting the music box apparatus to work, we have decided that the current design is not going to work. Due to the time we have left in the project and the materials available, we have decided to not continue pursuing the music box.

 

The size of the block of wood being used to attach the two arms of the music box and engine together did not allow them both to rotate effectively. The block would continuously get stuck and stop rotating.

 

Additionally, we had to use another engine for this project rather than the one we had been previously using. This change led to numerous problems including the system being too weak to power the engine enough to sufficiently turn both the block of wood and the music box arm.

Leave a Reply

Skip to toolbar